Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Again (slightly off-topic) long
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 12:40:00 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:

> >It's a little confusing at first. A normal metal tank with metal reels
> >uses 250 of liquid per 35mm reel.
>
> My tank (plastic) uses 250 ml too. However, 250 ml is the minimum needed,
> the tank will take 400 ml and a bit without overflowing, so I can use
> diluted developer and still have enough stock solution in the mixture. The
> problem is with the 2 reel tank, it uses 500 ml but it still only takes the
> same additional 150 ml as the one reel tank before overflowing.
>
> --
> christer almqvist

Yes this is the issue and I find it awkward to have less reels in my
tank (with film in them) than the tank holds so I am refusing to bow to
that train of thought. I am just fingering out the "extra" times needed
with full-with-film tanks (4 rolls per liter tank) and figuring that as
par for the course. I don't mind useing a few or more minutes than the
recomended times and keeping track of it all.
Mark Rabiner