Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Peru&lori
From: Coresect <coresect@tin.it>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 02:08:30 +0200

DABirkey@aol.com wrote:

>  I think
> her husband or boy friend was a well known member of the Tupac Amaru.... the
> group that held hostages (including Fujimori's mother) in the Japanese
> Embassy a while back....  The main argument listed throughout the web page is
> that she did not receive a fair trial since the judge and anti terrorism
> court/jury had a hood over their heads and she wasn't a Peruvian citizen
> ..... thus violating due process of law... or something like that.... In
> countries where it is hard to keep an honest judge and policemen alive it is
> a neccessary precaution to keep criminals and terrorists from being able to
> bribe or threaten the lives of their judge and jury. Even O.J.
> says he was innocent..
>
> Having lived in Latin America I can say that North- American Tourists and
> Journalists just aren't thrown in jail without good reasons....Duane

  << Duane >>
>I agree with your assessment 100% and she is just another terrorist.  I, too,
>am well acquainted with government officials from Peru and they are fine
>people.  This Lori person just chose the wrong side like Bin Laden who has
>chosen to attack and kill Americans.  I am surprised all she got was jail
>time!
People in favour of the death threat obviously have much more in common
with killers than those who are not.
Is this really what the Leica user group is all about? Could this
discussion be
taken private? Do we want to start hearing justifications for the
actions taken
by Khmer Rouge? Let's discuss how an American warship shot down a
passenger plane
full of people just of the coast of Italy a decade ago. Or how it was
cool for American pilots to fly
planes so low they bring down cable cars killing 15 odd people and then
they get
away with it... I'd like to know what lenses are compatible with my
leica screw
thread mark IIIa. Sorry if this is off topic.

Paul.