Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #7
From: DAVE YODER <leica@home.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 19:10:36 -0700

Wilber--

My second R8 is 2475900. My first was 23xxx something. My first one was
bought "demo," and quickly the flash sync stopped working and the
shutter release became unpredictable, then I found out "demo" can also
mean a refurbished camera (prior owner), and I angrily returned it and
paid the difference for the one I have. Got it last month, three year
warranty, just noticed today the flash sync isn't working anymore.
I'm sure Solms is already up to its neck in complaints. I've resigned
myself to finding a third, cheap body to use while one is in the shop.
Glass is great, though. I don't regret buying into the system, and I do
like the bodies, but man they better get their act together if they want
to be taken seriously be the professional community at-large.

Dave Yoder