Subject: [Leica] R5
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:24:58 -0700

I've come to the realization that I'm not going to find an R7 in a
heavily used condition, so

I'm looking to buy a used R5, if anyone's got one out there...

Compared them at a camera store and though I liked the metering of the
R7 better, I found the shutter release of the R5 to be more spontaneous
than the R7, one of the criticisms of the line.

Anyone have one for sale, or have advice on the model? I need it as a
third (backup) body--so I'll have at least two to work with while my R8
is on its (sigh) likely retreats to 156 Ludlow Ave. (funny how I've got
that address memorized).
That said, I don't regret my switch to R's.

I'm also looling for a used R-50 summicron, new model.

Thanks,

Dave Yoder

p.s. Though it was a great movie (and a better short-story, IMHO), I was
appalled by the movie "Blow Up." Maybe what is now an unfortunate
stereotype was a novel character role when it came out. Regardless, it
feels like I've spent half my career overcoming that kind of image
people expect from photographers.