Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica's woes
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:59:44 EDT

simontart@hotmail.com writes:

<<  I just
 got an R6.2 in March.  It had signs of use right out of the box (faint but
 unmistakable tripod marks on the bottom, signs of motor-drive/winder use in
 engagement sprocket), but I needed a camera to use immediately and my dealer
 had special-ordered this one for me, so I didn't complain about it.>>  <snip>

  << We sell only new, factory
 inspected Leica merchandise. Further, [dealer name edited out] has
 verified that the camera was only in his inventory for one day: it was
 pristine when sold,

 [How would she know?  She wasn't there!]

 and at no time in his possession was it mounted on a
 tripod or otherwise "used".

 [This I concur-- my dealer is a personal friend, and has a flawless track
 record-- besides, I know he didn't have an R6.2 in stock and I picked it up
 the day he got it from UPS.] >>

Had it been me I would have pointed it out my "friend" the dealer and have
*him* go to bat with Leica NJ and get a replacement ASAP, meanwhile using the
scratched one as a loaner.   I once ordered a lens from B&H and it came with
a tiny scratch on the front element, and *they*, not Leica USA (it was not a
gray-market lens), made an exchange with no questions asked.  From a local
dealer, someone who I know personally, I would expect at least the same
service, at least for 30 days.

DT