Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8 woes(?) probably not
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 00:32:28 GMT

Paul, no offence intended to the LUG, but this is a pretty bad place to ask
about reliability of any Leica product.  It is the nature of people to
complain loudly when they feel wronged, but remain mute when treated fairly.

Indeed if you take what you hear seriously you would swear that Leica is
close to death, sells re manufactured cameras as new, despises its customers
and tosses dirt on little kids lolly pops.

The internet is a great forum for complaint, rumor generation and paranoid
rants (my rants included), but more than ever you can not just accept what
you read as fact.

In reality the R8 is probably as reliable as most Contax, Canon or other top
line high tech cameras.  (Anyone who monitors the Contax G users list would
say it is MORE reliable)

Buy the camera that fits your needs best, use it hard and make good
pictures.  If it breaks down too much contact the company and ask them to
make good.  If you don't TRUST the company buy products from one that you
do.