Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital Darkoom Print Life
From: Stephen Gandy <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 16:22:54 -0700

 if you  know of any other color photographic quality printer priced low
enough for home or small studio (this lets out the expensive commercial
printers) which are touted as archive permanence besides ALPS, I would love to
hear about it -- I've been looking for them.

at this point in time, the ALPS technology seems to be unique in the
affordable darkroom     not an inkjet,  ALPS has a patented process  with
resolution up to 2400 dpi.   you can find the details at
http://www.alpsusa.com/printers/

Stephen