Subject: Re: [Leica] M6HM becoming rare?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:57:07 +0200

Dan,

Yes you are. I too have a classic M6HM which is apparently now worth several
hundred dollars more than I paid for it last December--IF one is to believe
some of the optimistic ads out there. Unless you buy explicitely with
collecting in mind, you should not look at your Leicas as investments. The
stock market is better for that.

Of the dealers that post ads here on the LUG, only one has these inflated
asking prices. I think that some people are trying to talk up the price before
disposing of their inventory.

Nathan

Dan Cardish wrote:

> All this talk of the non TTL M6HM becoming scarce is starting to spook me.
> I am starting to think twice about using mine, lest it starts showing more
> and more signs of wear.    I stopped using my old Wetzlar M6 for the same
> reason, at the time I bought the HM,  thinking that it might become
> valuable one day.  I have two M6s and I'm afraid to use either of them!
>
> Am I crazy?
>
> Dan C.

- --
Nathan Wajsman