Subject: Re: [Leica] Talk to me about 50 Summicron vs. 50 Summilux
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:38:28 -0700

Richard,

Besides the obvious one stop difference, you will lose close focusing
distance with the Summilux. The Summicron focus to .7m and the Summilux to
1m. This can be a big difference to some people, but to others it doesn't
matter.

The Summilux is also going to be heavier and bigger. But, if you need that
extra stop, your only other alternative is using faster film.

Bryan