Subject: Re: [Leica] Another M6 Question
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 07:39:52 -0700

Skip,

>>Well, I guess I'm going with the 35mm F/2 Summilux lens for the M6<<

I assume you mean the F/2 "Summicron."

The only way you can tell if you'd like the HM .85 M6 with a 35mm lens is to
try one. If, like me, you wear eyeglasses, you probably won't. If you think
that there might be a 28mm lens in your future, you'll have to use an
auxilliary finder (fairly expensive) with the HM. On the other hand, the
standard M6 has the 28mm brightlines and lets glasses wearers see the 35mm
brightlines fairly easily.

Even though I have two standard M6s, I still use the auxilliary finder for
my 28mm lens.

There's no substitute for going somewhere where you can try them yourself.
It seems that the HM is finding its niche more with photographers who use
lenses primarily in the 50mm-135mm  range and the non HM version with
photographers who prefer wider lenses.

Bryan