Subject: [Leica] Re: RT-300
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:11:38 -0700

I bought a RT-300 when they first came out. I still have it and I use it
often. I have had zero problems with it for all of these years. It just
works. A few bulbs, but that's it. I use plastic mounts and when a new
slide goes in the projection chamber, it takes a few seconds to "pop".
After the pop, it is sharp corner to corner. As the slide show goes on, it
takes less time to pop as they are warmed by a blast of hot air before they
get to the projection slot. If you wait until the pop, then focus
carefully, the autofocus will then perform flawlessly, after each pop, on
its own.

My only objection is that it is a bit noisy.

I believe the projectors were made by Singer, which could have something to
do with Telex.

Jim