Subject: Re: [Leica] David Turnley pt 2
From: "Ting Lee" <javalee@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:06:10 -0400

> Please ask him how many times he has subjects get on his case at that
close
> range with strangers?  And how does he get around it when some burly guy
> wants to punch him out for getting in his face with a camera.
>
> ted

Hi Ted,

He said he never got to the point of a person punching his face..He talks to
them, smiles alot
He touches them on the should or arm.. that usually 'disarms' that person..
(see next paragraph)

I'm not sure if I cud explain the following properly...
The most important thing/quality for a photographer (his type/style of
shooting) is to have confidence/inner peace/calm.. the peace/calm emits from
the body, be it posture, aura, etc.... catches the subject (no matter how
big/tough/mean the subject is) off guard.

How the heck do u find this 'inner peace'???

He isn't afraid of dying, he is scare of getting maim.. i.e. he got off a
plane with another journalist and a few seconds later a shell exploded 100
meters away.  A shrapnel ripped thru the other journalists mid section.. a
shrapnel a size smaller than a sharpened pencil's lead..
This person now pees in  plastic bag he carries with him.

He said NEVER sneak pictures..it could only get u in trouble..
He was with a Swedish photographer who was dragged away
(Somalia/Mogadishu??) and was almost beaten to death.