Subject: Re: [Leica] and personal space....
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:16:40 -0700

Joe Codispoti wrote:

> D.B.
>
> I will grant you the "cultural" theory. In fact I will grant you that
> culture is a more accurate term than ethnicity as regards the way we react
> to certain stimuli and circumstances.
>
> However I think that road rage is the result of invasion of personal space
> coupled with some real or perceived endargement. In other words, road rage
> is a reaction rather than an action.
> Perhaps some of those who drive larger vehicles are more prone to such
> behavior. But then, some drive macho vehicles specifically to make a
> statement.
>
> Regards,
> Joseph
>
><snip>

How about red cars?
How about mini pickups?
People in their twenties in general, used to be
just guys now it's both.
Someone in insurance would know.

I think it's People turning their insecurities
into licenced aggression.
More Americans died on the roads during WWll than
in Battle.
The first people to blink an eyelash are "MADD".
They deserve the Nobel Peace prize if you ask me.
The just instituted Drivers Ed this year in
Portland Oregon.
People here of a huge list of categories drive
like maniacs.
I figure in about 16 years they'll drive a bit better.
Mark Rabiner