Subject: RE: [Leica] and personal space....
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 06:31:10 +0000

>I don't know whether it relates to ethnicity, but some people certainly seem
>to feel their privacy and dignity are threatened more easily than others. I
>know personally that my mood also has a lot to do with it. Some days I will
>put up with more than others, while other people seem to be mad at everyone
>all the time.
>
>I am assuming the "territoriality" dealt with a person's sense of personal
>space.
>
>Ken

It all boils down to "never judge others by one's standards."

I remember when I was taking a picture of a farmer tending to his veggies.
I was 30 meters away, standing on public property, and he was part of his
environment (No sireee..... I did not poke my tele into his face).  He saw
me and charged at me with a lump of mud in his hand.  I just had enough
time to get into my car and drove off when that lump of mud nearly
splattered on the vehicle.    I suppose his "personal space" is wider than
his farm.

Dan K.