Subject: [Leica] Donning his asbestos suit, he asks: "Filters for the 75/1.4M indoors?"
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 17:36:01 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, so I've ducked under the table and should be safe.

I just bought a really nice 75/1.4 for my M6HM.  Yay!!!!

I'm planning to shoot indoors in (you guessed it) fairly low light.

Here's the question (multiple choice):

When you folks are shooting color film with your wonderful 50/1.0 or
75/1.4, how do you avoid the dreaded orange glow from incandescent
lighting?

   a) I use an 80B filter.  (for extra credit, name your brand of
      choice) (for extra extra credit, explain why you're using an 80A
      instead...)

   b) I use a fast, tungsten balanced color negative film (for extra
      credit, name that film!).

   c) My lab just "fixes" it when they print.  (for extra credit,
      describe how you get them to do this for you)

   d) I've learned to like "that look".

   e) I don't shoot color indoors, just B&W.

   f) I find that the green glass from the bottom of a Coke (tm)
      bottle balances things out just fine.

   g) other.  For credit, please explain.

g.