Subject: Re: [Leica] Summilux vs. Summicron
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:52:18 -0400

SNIP<<No matter what anyone tells you glowing or
otherwise you will be losing a known entity and
gaining an unknown entity. Bored as you may be my
your Summicron familiarity has its advantages.
Sell that lens to help you buy the other one and
what happens if you don't like it?
You have to get the exact version of that
Summicron that you cherish now more so in it's absence.
"I want my Summicron!" you wail.
The answer is don't sell your old baby until you
know your new kid is going to go to bat for you
and hit a home run.
It will take longer to save up for that new lens
without selling that old one first.
A process that leads to less frivolous and/or
disastrous buying and selling.>>
Mark Rabiner

That's some good advice for the Leicaddiction.  Basically, keep your Leica
stuff!  I should listen...
Like many others I have to upgrade and jump to the idea that it's a lens for
lens deal.  Well, obviously my life has something to do with lenses!!
So, I should keep tossing them around?!  Nah.. sell the car you can take the
bus.  Of course this would apply specifically to those who can't have all
the 50's Maybe there is a catch-phrase that could imbed some logic into our
obsessions. Nu?