Subject: Re: [Leica] Screwmount lens questions
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 10:04:25 -0400

Newp-
I have a LTM Summaron, 35/3,5- not super fast, but decent for all around
'toting'.
It uses the same shade as my Summicrons (LTM collapsible, and older M type
black) It is called the IROOA or ITDOO- (some of the shades have IROOA
engraved on them, and some don't... I think the ITDOO are the ones
without....anyone know for sure?)
In fact the same shade fits my M 35/2 Summicron, and older Canadian type,
and the 135/4 Elmar-M, too!
The Summaroon was, I think made in an M model, but the LTM one and the SM-M
adapter works just fine on my M3 when I used it before I got a Summicron.
You can fine nice clean ones at reasonable prices- I got a really beautiful
one on eBay ( I know, I know!) for about $160- much less than I finally
spent on the 35 Summicron! While it is not as sharp or as fast, it is still
a respectable performer.
Dan