Subject: Re: [Leica] London visit
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:18:24 +0000

Gerry. Thank you for this interesting posting. I hope to be in London in
three-four weeks time, and I will be e-mailing you for an update of good
exhibitions, if I may.
Chris

>Richard
>
>A great place to visit in London is the Victoria and Albert Museum which
>not only has a good photography exhibition area but also houses a major
>collection of prints from many of the great photographers that you can
>handle and study.   Go to the Print Room on 4th floor (I think!) and you
>will find card indexes of all the photographers they have work by.   I
>have had many a thrilling time handling original prints by
>Cartier-Bresson, Doissneau etc., and studying their choice in paper,
>retouching etc.
>
>There is also currently an exhibition of David Bailey at the Barbican
>Centre, and I think the Terance Donovan show is still up at the London
>Museum.   I have not seen the Donovan (who I spent a day working with
>once) and I found the Bailey a bit repetative in that it is his work
>from the 60's and all of a similar "Vogue" style.
>
>If I can help further contact me privately by email and I will give you
>telephone numbers to contact me on.
>
>Gerry

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58