Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL Battery Problem
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 13:46:38 -0700

Yup. I'm on my third set of batteries in less than two months. My original replacement happened when I thought the meter had died, and I brought the then-new body to the Leica team at a local clean and check. The battery was given to me gratis, and I was advised that there is a trickle drain on the electronics unless you turn the knob to the off position.  My first battery lasted less than one week! That second one drained when I once more forgot to move the shutter dial away from one of the speeds. Don't know how long it lasted, but it's sure costing a lot of money to compensate for this shortcoming.