Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTL Battery Problem
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:31:40 -0400

This must be a 'feature' of the TTL versions, because the cells in my
'classic' M6s usually die of old age rather than battery drain.  I'm still
using the battery that came with my HM, purchased well over a year ago.

Dan C.

At 01:46 PM 21-07-99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 09:44 PM 07/20/1999 -0700, Mark Cohen wrote:
>Yup. I'm on my third set of batteries in less than two months. My original
replacement happened when I thought the meter had died, and I brought the
then-new body to the Leica team at a local clean and check. The battery was
given to me gratis, and I was advised that there is a trickle drain on the
electronics unless you turn the knob to the off position.  My first battery
lasted less than one week! That second one drained when I once more forgot
to move the shutter dial away from one of the speeds. Don't know how long
it lasted, but it's sure costing a lot of money to compensate for this
shortcoming.