Subject: Re: [Leica] focusing the M6 .85x
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 20:33:34 -0500

Dale,

I think we are in the same boat. I've been fighting astigmatism for all
of my xx years and can't see past my nose w/o my glasses. I can however
see everything in focus through my M3 and M6 classic viewfinders. I have
varifocus lenses but I'm not suggesting that they are necessary. Through
the upper portion of my lenses I can focus from infinity to about 10-20
feet with out shifting my view point. At the closest distances (3 feet)
i use the center portion of my lenses, very little difference from what
I would do w/o a view finder.

I too have shooting and separate reading/computer glasses but these are
no help with a camera - just your every day correction should be
sufficient. Unless I'm missing something, perhaps just the new
correction in your everyday glasses will help clear things up.

Regards,

Roger