Subject: Re: [Leica] focusing the M6 .85x
From: Michael Volow <mvolo@duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:29:18 -0400 (EDT)

I brought my M6 with me. The opthalmologist just added refracting lenses
between my eye and the M6 untill the rangefinder image was clearest. That
value is the diopter you should purchase. Be prepared to pay a steep price
approx $70. But the Leica diopter if very thin, if that's a consolation. I
got mine from Tamarkin. BTW, I seem to remember that the virtual distance
in the M6 rangefinder (1/2 meter?) is shorter than most SLRs (1 meter).

Michael Volow (mvolo@acpub.duke.edu)
Durham, NC