Subject: [Leica] RE: Amatuer Photography review of the R8& etc.
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:52:52 -0700

On 21 Jul 99, Aubin wrote, at least in part:

> Greetings all,
>
> I too found the lack of good magazines in the UK to be frustrating,
> why I had to go out and take pictures instead of reading about it!
>
> I would return stateside every three months or so and stock up on a
> bunch; to save for reading on those rare rainy days.  I would have
> subscribed but knew that I had only a short time to enjoy in that
> most lovely of counties.

<snip>

As one who thinks that the current crop of popular, widely read
photographic periodicals in the US are mostly junk, AP, if worse
yet, must really be the 'pits'. I'll have to look up a copy (but not
for the trashy women, Walt).

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    The precept: Judge not, that ye be not judged... is an
    abdication of moral responsibility. It is a moral blank
    check one gives to others in exchange for a moral blank
    check one expects for oneself. The moral principle to adopt
    is: Judge, and be prepared to be judged.
                 -- Ayn Rand