Subject: [Leica] Re: To Cap or Not to Cap
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:52:52 -0700

On 22 Jul 99, Buzz Hausner wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> I do however use back caps, mostly to protect the rear
> element on wide angles (I don't know what the rear element coating status
> is, maybe a better technician than I does) and to keep grit and stuff off
> the focusing cams and out of the camera bodies.  Perhaps I am being overly
> careful, but I don't seem to lose shots fiddling with back-caps and it
> works for me.

I do the same, Buzz. Not working professionally, time isn't a
factor (other than hating the missed shot, at times), so the extra
second or two is compensated by greater peace of mind. Leica
gear comes with greater difficulty in retirement.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    Blessed are those who can give without remembering
    and take without forgetting.
               -- Melvin Schleeds