Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: LEM/NIK or LER/NIK
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 03:33:06 +0800

Dan Post wrote:

> I have a question for the good Dr.!
> I had gotten an LER/EOS in the hope that the Canon would use the AUTOFOCUS
> device as an 'electronic rangefinder' but it does not. I am considering
> selling it and getting a Novoflex adapter for the NIKON, which you
> mentioned... does it give an indication of proper focus as it does with
> non-AF Nikon lenses when using the Leica lenses?
> Thanks!
> Dan

Dan,

Nikon AF cameras will confirm correct focus when it 'sees' a sharp
image, regardless whether it has a Nikon lens in front or not.  I have
just experimented by placing (not mounting) a Summar in front of my F100
and when I got a sharp image in the viewfinder, the focus confirmation
light came on.  Canon EOS cameras requires an EF mount lens for the
focus confirmation to work.

However, the LEM/NIK adaptor I was referring to was for mounting Nikon
lenses on Leica M bodies - I don't think the M6 would confirm focus when
its rangefinder is uncoupled!  ;-)

Bests,

Joseph