Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica - Perfect (not including problems)
From: "Hermann" <crystal@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:24:10 +0700

Why do professionals rarely use Leicas?

I prefer shooting my  M system but there are occasions where I need a zoom
and /or very fast motor drive or very long lenses, that's when I switch to
the IN EOS system and when I need medium or large format slides for a
customer I use Mamiya, Pentax or Linhof

a camera is a tool for a professional meaning working in the photographic
field compared to a hobbyist and there are different tools for different
jobs required with no preferences attached, simply a matter of practicality.

Although I do have to admit that I prefer the Leica to any other 35mm
optics, I can't say Canon optics are bad. As long as they are from their pro
range and not one of the latest 28-300 or any such nonsense line they have
excellent optics.

If a pro shoots a lot of sports and fast moving action, he/she will of
course favor Canon or Nikon (yuck) over Leica, even over the R8 because of
system limitations.

Hermann Moll
Photographic on-line Portfolio at:
http://www.photo-expressions.com - e-mail: info@photo-expressions.com
Documentary - editorial -  travel - stock, commercial & assignment
Photography
Don't miss a visit to see the latest addition to my on-line portfolio