Subject: [Leica] why Leica?
From: "Francesco" <fls@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:10:40 -0700

> can you say, concisely, why you do use leica? what is it exactly about
> these cameras that appeals to you? let's try to avoid the hyperbole of the
> fanatic devotee and explain why we choose this camera over another.

Ever since my regular camera salesman converted me from Nikon to Leica
a few years ago, I have been hooked.  I think at first it was the "cool
effect"
of having a camera that no one else had and being able to say that the gear
in the bag over my shoulder cost over $10,000.
Now I use the Leica system because I like to know that I have the
most reliable, highest quality bodies and lenses possible, and that if
images
do not come out as expected, it is definitely my fault, not the camera's.
This allows me to concentrate on my photography and not which dial I am
turning on the camera.

Francesco