Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: why leica?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 01:24:52 +0200

My 10-year old son will spend the first week of August at a day camp at the
British School of Brussels, with the theme being photography. There will be
darkroom instruction and of course photo taking. In the instructions we received
it is stated that the children must bring manual cameras, or if they are
autoexposure or autofucus, the child has to know how to use it in manual mode.
My son is going with a user Leicaflex SL and 50mm Summicron--no worries about
turning off the automation there...

Nathan

David Medley wrote:

> I'm teaching a 3 day workshop next weekend. In my instructions to the
> students, I have asked, among other things, that they know how to take their
> camera off "automatic" before they come to class.
>
> If I had any choice in the matter, I would give each of them:
>
> 1 - manual camera
> 1 - 50mm (or 35mm) lens of large aperture
> 100 - rolls of side film.
>
> Wow...what a great 3 days that would be!
>
> Nikon, Canon, Pentax, et al are doing the craft and art of photography no
> favors.
>
> Cheers,
> David Medley
> Whidbey Is.   WA