Subject: [Leica] Re: stolen leica
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:24:53 EDT

wow, major bummer, but i have to wonder why you felt a need to have a boston
camera dealer verify that the rangefinder was out of whack before you sent it
to Leica. Did you think they would laugh at you and send it back unadjusted?
Jeeze, they have done my M3 twice and my CL once and were extremely attentive
every time. When my M3 needed re-doing (those old parts wouldn't adjust
correctly) they were very nice about it.

I assume the Express company you used is providing full reimbursement because
the package was fully insured??????? to be honest, I always use USPS
certified or express mail. They're never lost anything and I operate on the
theory that they have so many boxes it's harder for a thief to know which one
to steal.

good luck on getting ur camera back, but nail the company to provide
insurance/replacement. They probably hired the thief in their shipping
deptartment somewhere, after all.

charlie trentelman
ogden Utah