Subject: [Leica] Re:why use leica
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:36:04 EDT

Guy --

I'm not sure why you care, except to see how long a string you can get going
on this thing.

Why use leica? Why did Hillary climb Everest? It suited him, and Leicas suit
some people nicely. They don't suit others.

Why don't more pros use Leica? Not enough technical toys and they cost more
than most purchasing managers are willing to pay. Quality has nothing to do
with it. Pros are like everyone else and follow trends and fads, and right
now the biggest fad/trend (except for digital) is represented in the f-5 by
Nikon, which I am sure most pros use in the manual mode anyway. But you
should hear the photogs at the paper I work at complain if they are forced to
use those horrible, horrible F4s or even (gawd forbid) the N90s.

They all drool over my M3, however, but can't afford one.

Did you know, by the way, that Hillary took not a Leica to the top of
Everest, but a Retina? Yup, a cheap little folder from Kodak, and it worked
just fine.

ctrentelman
Ogden Utah