Subject: Re: [Leica] honoured to own one
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 13:42:47 -0700

 Marc James Small wrote:
<snip> is a superb lens and I am honoured to own one.  This is a lens with great
optical and mechanical capabilities.
Marc

This is the first I've noticed this sentiment "honoured to own one" expressed or
in quite this way.
I am at late again frustrated with a wealthy friend brushing off an exquisite
high end (in this case Zeiss appropriately enough) optics saying they are
"disappointed" "not impressed" with the quality of their snapshots. (OK this guy
doesn't like his Sonnar FE 2.8/150 mm, not exactly on topic but what is?).
He is already bored with his new toy and would like to free up the money to buy
another one.
And he should be "honoured to own one."
He should be honoured the company allowed him to have one for five minutes if
you ask me.
The dilettantes among us.
Mark Rabiner