Subject: [Leica] Somewhat OT was Re:Juggling Lenses
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:00:07 -0700

On 25 Jul 99, Mike Quinn wrote, at least in part:

> How about this. Put your favorite lens on one body. Keep the body cap on a
> second body. Then leave both bodies in your bag and visualize the frame
> before you pick one. Gives you the best of both worlds.
>
> Mike Quinn

Great idea, Mike! Now, will you help me convince my wife how
much I NEED that 2nd M6?

I just know that I'll hear, "I thought that was the thing about
cameras with bayonet lens mounts...fast lens changing"! That
extra second here and there is a non-item for her. You should
have heard her when I started on how I really NEEDED to get a
new and faster computer. She said, "you're retired! What do you
care about a few seconds"?

Same girl that upon watching me play golf for the first time early
on in our marriage, declared, "look, I have brothers and I know
that in baseball, the pitcher is doing everything in his power to
keep you from properly hitting the ball. That stupid golf ball is
stationary...why can't you hit it correctly all the time"?

Difficult logic with which to argue.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    The strength and power of despotism
    consists wholly in the fear of resistance.
               -- Thomas Paine