Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon F5 or Leica M6
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:37:44 -0600

Harrison McClary wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I don't understand this post??
>
> If you put an orange filter on the front of any lens it will color the
> light orange.
>
> On 7/25/99 10:36 PM Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
>
> >I know this is a bit off topic, but if you put an orange filter in front on
> >the lens of an Nikon F5 does it see everything as a sunset?

Tongue-and-cheek, maybe, but not a silly question!

The real question is, when the automation fails, does it do so in ever
subtler, less-predictable ways? It's easy to second-guess the M6 meter,
because it's very simple. But the fancier Nikon stuff gathers data on
distance, camera orientation, color and who knows what else, all
referenced to data based on real photos. Practically the only thing
missing is the personality of a famous, dead photographer, burned into
silicon, ready to correct for any compositional "errors"! Of course, the
long-time Leica photographer already has most of this data burned in the
ole wetware.

Jeff