Subject: RE: [Leica] why leica?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:49:20 -0700

> It eludes me though why
> Leica has made the upper part of the grip out of plastic. But
> never mind, it does serve its purpose!

I don't know if this will help people feel better about the M-grip, but the
Leica Canada rep from Kindermann told me it was actually made from a carbon
fiber composite.  It may look like plain ol'plastic, but it's Stronger Than
Steel...  So maybe we're getting our money's worth after all :-/

Paul Chefurka