Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Shooting vs capturing images
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 23:02:51 +1000

- --------------DDF9B2E7C84ADF29D8EEDCF7

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> By the way, you can not interchange the Phlogiston in the screw mount
> cameras with
> the one they use in the M cameras. The screw cameras use Phlogiston
> type XSA and the
> M models us type XMA. I just thought I warn you about this. It can be
> critical.
>
> Regards, Horst Schmidt
>
> Actually you can interchange them by use of the PLOTZ  LTM to M
> phlogiston adapter.  Be careful though, most of these adapters are
> pretty old and the gasket may be brittle and require replacement.
> Most qualified repair people can replace the gasket for about US$175.
>
>         Buzz

  $175 sound pretty reasonable to me. Definitely cheaper than a new
suit.  Knowing what I know now, I may send all my M-bodies to the repair
shop and get them re-Phlogistont. Thanks for the info.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

- --------------DDF9B2E7C84ADF29D8EEDCF7

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Buzz Hausner wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>By the way, you can not interchange the Phlogiston in
the screw mount cameras with</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>the one they use in the M cameras. The screw cameras
use Phlogiston type XSA and the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1>M models us type XMA. I just thought I warn you about
this. It can be critical.</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>Regards, Horst Schmidt</FONT>

<P><FONT SIZE=-1>Actually you can interchange them by use of the PLOTZ&nbsp;
LTM to M phlogiston adapter.&nbsp; Be careful though, most of these adapters
are pretty old and the gasket may be brittle and require replacement.&nbsp;
Most qualified repair people can replace the gasket for about US$175.</FONT>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=-1>Buzz</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; $175 sound pretty reasonable to me. Definitely cheaper than a new
suit.&nbsp; Knowing what I know now, I may send all my M-bodies to the
repair shop and get them re-Phlogistont. Thanks for the info.

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------DDF9B2E7C84ADF29D8EEDCF7--