Subject: Re: [Leica] Amateur Photog testing the R8//PanAm Games
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant98@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:03:37 PDT

Leopold Green wrote:

<<<<<<<<<<<AmateurPhotographer [a UK magazine] did a group test of 'top end
manual cameras' in the current issue: R8, RTSIII and OM3TI and despite
finding that>>>>>>>>>>>>  etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Leopold,

I wouldn't put too much credence in this rag as they know not what they
write nor how to test.  Unfortunately they make  a mess of anything they
test and all one has to do is waste their money and read one edition to know
never to buy another.

Just my passing thought as we work our way through the Pan American Games in
Winnipeg.  Incidently the Canadian baseball team beat the American's last
evening in what one might call an upset! :)

After ten days of checking camera gear carried by the sports pros covering
these Games it appears I'm the only one carrying Leica.

But then that's the facts of life for sports shooting these days unless you
can focus really really really quick! :) Oh Yeah and a motor would be very
handy with the R8!

see you all later,
ted

PS: I still have all my gear! :)