Subject: Re: [Leica] OT was: Re: Noctilux users please sound off
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 07:07:07 +0200

I mostly do this in the Netherlands, and mostly in Haarlem, a relatively small
town. In most cases, I am in the bar with a local friend who knows the
bartender and some of the guests. I do not go into coffeeshops where I expect
people would not appreciate being photographed (for the uninitiated, a
coffeeshop in the Netherlands is a place where you can buy grass). I was in
London the day of the FA Cup Final and found myself in a pub with a bunch of
Newcastle supporters drowning their sorrow in the evening. I refrained from
taking pictures. You just have to use some common sense.

Nathan

Roger Beamon wrote:

> Perhaps the 'barflies' are more gentle in Belgium, because of their
> greater congeniality and the greater acceptance of bars/pubs that
> I think is evident in most of Europe. It exists in the US, but mostly
> in the hinterlands. The really great bars in the big cities of the US
> are the exceptions. IMHO, obviously.
>
> --
> Roger
> mailto:roger@beamon.org