Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Canon 135/3.5 chrome lens (non-Serenar).
From: inyoung@jps.net
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 99 09:11:35 +700

Hello Walt,

 I am in line with you regarding the Nikkor LTM lenses because I have used some
of them to see their performance.  Actually, in my book, the Nikkor lenses are
as good as the Leica lenses mechanically too.  I own quite a few of the Nikkor
lenses, let alone the Leica lenses to see.
 I have not heard much about the Canon lenses though while I have heard and
seen with my eyes about the Nikkor lenses. It is my understanding that the Nikkor
lenses are copies of the Carl Zeiss optics and that they are as good as the
Zeiss lenses if not superior.  Do you think the Canon lenses are also as good
as or superior to the Leica lenses of the same vintage?  The only Canon lenses
that I have in LTM are the 135/3.5 black and 50/1.2 with a couple of the Canon
bodies.
 I do love the look and feel of the Nikkor lenses (both black and chrome.)

Thanks,
David