Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Special Edition M6s
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 06:37:12 +0000

Dan C., wrote:
><< But why spend $3000 for a camera when the identical (sans the black paint)
> can be had for $2000, or less, if you're just going to use it to take
> pictures?  >>

>Since everyone is ganging up against this camera, I would like to note that
>it has some appeal to me.  Functionality is not my only consideration.
>Aesthetics are also important to me - and yes I am a collector as well as a
>user.
>
>Tom Shea

This camera will have special appeal to me not because I intend to collect.
As a member of LHSA, I would be proud to use it.  Correct me if I am wrong,
I  think Leica could be charging more for special consignments in limited
numbers that LHSA is talking about - hence the higher than usual price.

All said, I think $3000 is still a tad high if the camera is designed and
intended to be used rather than collected.   Bill R. should think about the
pricing wisely.  Moreover, the camera should be made available to all LHSA
members who must have the right of first refusal.

Dan K.
                    "A fool and his money are soon parted."