Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Special Edition M6s
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:54:12 -0700

On 29 Jul 99, Dan Cardish wrote, at least in part:

> By the way, I have the double aspheric 35 summilux, but only because it
> was the only game in town at the time.  I use mine, and I was pissed off
> when Leica announced the much cheaper ASPH version.

Ah, but that's where the collectors may save you, Dan. The new
ASPH with one molded ASPH element has made your lens a bit
rare already. A shooter probably wouldn't buy yours from you,
but a collector may well when you're ready to give it up. They are
fetching good prices in mint and mint- condition assuming they
are actually selling at what folk like Chatterton are asking for
them.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     This is one of those cases in which the imagination
     is baffled by the facts.
               -- Winston Churchhill