Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 DS, 50 Summ Col, MC meter
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:51:46 -0700

Bill, I don't know about the price.  My subjective impression is that M-3s are
beginning to rise in value.  As to the take-up spool, I have never met anyone
who likes the speed load system that can be used.  The trick to really fast
(and more secure loading) is to have more than one take-up spool.  You clip
your next roll(s) of film to the spare take-up spool(s).  Then when you are
ready to reload film, you just pull out some leader, drop it in and align the
sprockets.  One smooth motion which I (subjectively) find faster than loading
the M6.  When you have time and are not being pitched about by the ferry, you
set-up the empty spools for reloading.  When I really had to do this I would
have a half-dozen extra take-up spools clipped to film leaders.

BTW, congratulations on finding a working MC meter.

Regards, Bill Larsen