Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica 28mm & 35mm lens.
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:49:03 +0100

Raymond,
You'll find both of these are r/f coupled so should work fine with the
Canon, providing that is working well also.
The 28mm Hektor is not a glorious lens in hind sight. It is a favourite with
the collectors as it was Leitz's widest lens for some years. Of course it
says Leitz on it which gives it a certain reverence, don't expect cracking
sharpness though, esp. at large(!) apertures. The f5.6 replacement was a
much better lens, though is more expensive now.
The 35/3.5 Summaron is a decent performer but I believe was modified during
production, so look for a later one if possible. I have used the f2.8
version and found it a terrific lens.
I have a very affordable 28mm Komura lens I could sell you, sadly the
performance is attrociuos! I have a 35/2.8 Canon lens as well if required.
Jem