Subject: RE: [Leica] Special Edition M6s
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:24:55 +0100

Doctor,
I think if I can re-iterate what Bill has already said, with regard to this
particular camera, what the LHSA has strived to achieve is a user's camera,
at a user's price, ie as similar as possible to an ordinary (M6/TTL) shop
price.
It's unfortunate that Leica wish to charge more for the finish, and wish to
charge more for the engraving but then they're looking to be more profitable
in the future than previously, that's business.
As Bill said, what people do after the purchase is up to them. If I do end
up buying one, I'll be looking to get it dirty and 'broken in' as soon as
possible. But I have a thought that paying a man in Japan $400 for the
painting of an old M camera (I have) might be a far cheaper way of getting a
black Leica, only trouble is, it won't meter.
But if I buy the new black M6, it's a TTL version, back to front shutter
dial etc.
Heads you lose, tails you lose.
Jem