Subject: [Leica] RE: Opportunities for cost savings, was: Leica Newsletter XXIX
From: "Otto J. Anshus" <otto@CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:56:58 -0400

Roger (and all),

I read it like they say "plastic" in a guarded way.

From the Newsletter I can not find out what Leica's strategy is. Instead I
find details of a much needed rescue operation.

I wonder how much of the R&D funding for the last 5 years went into the R
and S development, and how much went into the "milk cow" products, the M
camera and M lenses. If you see what I mean.

Otto

> Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 08:46:10 -0700
> From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
> Subject: [Leica] Re: Opportunities for cost savings, was: Leica
> Newsletter XXIX
<snip>

> This "additional use of materials" and "additional materials" bit has
> me confused. Are they saying the'll use less expensive materials,
> use smaller numbers of parts through redesign, or a combination
> of both?
<snip>