Subject: [Leica] Metering
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 10:23:31 -0400

Does anyone have any tips/techniques for meterless photography? I use
the "sunny 16 rule" allowing a filter factor for pollution, etc. I know
that fluorescent lighting with 400 ISO film is 1/30 @ f/4. My question
regards ambiguous situations such as shade, overcast days, low-level
twilight, etc. A year or so ago someone posted an old trick they had
learned in the military having to do with intensity of shadow cast on
the ground as a basis for exposure calculation. Cartier-Bresson
eye-balled his exposures. Anything along these lines would help.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/