Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:an absolutely virgin IIIG
From: "Guido Soprano" <guidosoprano@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 17:13:10 EDT

Paul,

I got 848XXX, for $500 (no, there is not a 1 missing in front of the 5) in
the midwest, and today I put my red scale elmar on it, and shot 6 rolls of
leader-trimmed tri-x.  It was almost a shame to deflower the strap eyelets.
I hope the collectors felt pain as they read that.

In certain low light conditions, the IIIC-G's are easier to focus accurately
than any of my M's.(late IIIf r/d's seem best of all, for some reason) Of
course, the RF/VF's have to be clean, bright and contrasty. And they never
suffer from that wacky M6 problem where the patch gets some wierd lighting
thing and you can't use it. Thanks, Leica, for taking out that condenser
lens. Not.

Now, I wonder if I can get my Noct modified to screw mount (and still use it
on my M's with an adaptor), then I'd put a B/L finder on the IIIG, and
really scare people. Big advantage of B/L with M's and Noct is that you can
see all the image. Leica, please listen, and bring out a 75 B/L finder - or
a dual 50/75 model. Please do it, or else I'll have to buy the new 75 cosina
lens just to get the finder.

:=>

Guido the leader trimmer.