Subject: [Leica] Re: cleaning a summarit...
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 16:02:42 -0700

On 1 Aug 99, Dan Post wrote, at least in part:

> Roger wrote, in part....
> >, but I've not had problems with my Leica stuff yet,
> therefore haven't had the opportunity.
>
> Roger, you just haven't gotten to the stage of rescuing Leicas the way
> some people rescue kittens and other small animals! I see a forlorn Leica
> on a shelf, or {SHUDDER!} in a junk box, and I feel this uncontrollable
> urge to take it home, hug it, squeeze it, feed it, and call it 'George'.

Bang on, Dan! I lusted for Leicas since the IIIFs came out, but
only began to satisfy my lust in the last 4+ years. Believe me, it
isn't even close to being satisfied.

We were cautioned about anthropomorphising as docents at the
Desert Museum, but heck, that was for animals, so, I can't wait to
introduce you to Gretchen, my M6 and Kurt, my R6.2. (The Ms
gotta be girls - those lines, and the way they fit your hand... Rog,
Rog, snap out of it!)

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    Blessed are those who can give without remembering
    and take without forgetting.
               -- Melvin Schleeds