Subject: [Leica] Elmarit
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:37:16 +0100

> The selling price may vary widely depending on condition.  Dealers want
> about $500 for either lens in EX+ condition, while a beat-up but still
> functional 35mm Elmarit-R recently sold on eBay for $42.
>
> The last version of the 90mm Elmarit-R is much smaller than the earlier
> version.  Either version is an outstanding performer and certainly better
> than the 90mm Summicron-R in the close range.  BTW I've been using the
90mm
> Summicron-R for 20 years and aside from its weight I'm delighted with it.
> I used a 1-cam 35mm Elmarit-R briefly, but that was 30 yrs ago.  It's safe
> to say there are no crummy R-lenses, but some are more exceptional than
> others.

Doug

I was offered a 1-cam 35mm Elmarit R today in fair-good condition for 200
GBP, think thats around 300 USD!  That was from a dealer tho.

Nice web site, partcularly liked Denali, would like to climb it some day.

Incidentally, I believe the bubbling/corrosion on my top plate is caused by
sweat (not mine) new top plate costs 240 GBP plus fitting and CRR-Luton have
offered to supply me with felt light seals for nothing.  The finish on the
top plate must be porous or something, apparently the chrome bodies don't
suffer with the same complaint.

I think I'll trade it all in for a Zenith!

Jason