Subject: Re: [Leica] Darkroom to digital
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 22:58:35 -0400

I have a digital darkroom.  It's completely transformed my attitude.  I
burn more film now than I have ever before.  Experiment a *lot* more with
color emulsions than I ever did before.  If I'm pleased with the
composition of an image, more often than not I can get a useable print.  In
short, as a dedicated amateur with a real job, I spend more *quality* hours
with my work.

I'm itching to get into the archival quality inks/papers.  Size, at
present, is in my view the only serious limitation.  I lust after
16x20s.  Lust, I say, lust . . .

Chandos

At 10:29 PM 8/2/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>How many of our fellow list-members have given up darkroom work to move to
>scanning/printing?  And why?
>
>stuart phillips

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown