Subject: Re: [Leica] Loading / Winding M6
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:10:42 -0700

Arturo,

The advance mechanism may well be defective.
You did not disclose the age of the camera nor how much use it has had.
Frame overlapping usually affects well used cameras.
I have experienced the same problem with other brands after several years of
use and thousands of rolls of film, not yet with Leica.

Try the following:
With the camera open and unloaded, place you thumb on the take-up sprocket
and apply moderate pressure as you advance to the next frame.
Does the sprocket rotate smoothly under your thumb in spite of the pressure
you are applying or are you able to advance with the take-up sprocket
slipping or not rotating at all?
If it slips or does not move at all, it is time for an overhaul of the
advance mechanism.

Joe C